Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hair Flowers

As with most things I am a newbie. I have never made a lot of things. Like for example a flower hairclip, or whatever you call it. But my sister is getting married in less than a month, and for some reason I volunteered to make a flower for her hair! What was I thinking! OK to be fair it was really easy. But still it stressed me out because I didn't know how to do it, and I wanted to do it right (I am kind of a perfectionist). So here is the end result. And this is how I did it. I went and bought a regular white rose from Michaels (I think it was $1.99), then unceremoniously took it apart. Poor rose never stood a chance. Basically you rip off the bottom which frees the whole thing, mostly. Then you have to take out the plastic middle part. Then you have the petals to play with. I took of a few layers and like it better, it laid down better. Then I took a button, the fancy kind with the hook at the bottom and sewed to a circular piece of white felt. But that wasn't as sturdy as I was hoping so I brought out the gun....the glue gun. Things worked well from there. Then I strung some little pearls that I got from Joann's ($1.39 ish) on elastic and glued then around the button. Finally I got a clip from on younger sisters unused old hairclips and glued that to the felt. WA-LAH! Mission accomplished! Next time I make one I will have to take pictures of the process, but since this was a first timer I was flying by the seat of my pants.
Photobucket

No comments: